A few weeks ago, we had some friends over for a “Hobbit Second Breakfast”. We ate a large brunch filled with scones and sausages and I read some out of Tolkien’s essay On Faerie Stories. Good times.
We also had music playing in the background the whole time. I tried to pick some light happy (but not too fast) celtic stuff that a contented hobbit might want listen too, along with a few relevant tracks from the films.
Here is my hobbit playlist (Title, Artists, Album):
- Flaming Red Hair, Howard Shore, LOTR Complete Recordings Vol. 1
- The Bog of Allen/Eanach Dhuin/Bill the Weavers, Teada, Music and Memory
- A Sligo Air/Sally Gally, Teada, Music and Memory
- Aibreann, Lunasa, Lunasa
- Stolen Apples, Lunasa, Otherworld
- O’Carolan’s Welcome/Rolling in the Barrel, Lunasa, Otherworld
- The Miller of Drohan, Lunasa, Otherworld
- Island Lake, Lunasa, La Nua
- Snowball, Lunasa, La Nua
- Stepping Stone/An Seanbhean Bhocht, Teada, Give Us a Penny and Let Us Be Gone
- Mazurka, Altan, Island Angel
- An Mhaighdean Mhara, Altan, Island Angel
- May It Be, Enya, LOTR Complete Recordings Vol. 1