As a casual hobby writer and a laymen, I don’t typically post links to the sermons I deliver occasionally at church. However, I got a lot of positive responses to this one and in the absence of a manuscript (I’ve been trying to preach from minimal notes lately), I’ve decided to post a link to the recording here for the handful of those who might be interested.
The outline is as follows:
- Acts 26 – Paul’s 3rd telling of his conversion
- Why personal conversion stories?
- Ways God is being made known to men
- Ways God does NOT make himself known
- The richness and diversity of testimonies
- The PROBLEM with testimonies (We are hypocrites, liars, idiots, poor communicators, and poor listeners.)
- The double-edged sword of post-modernism: Personal story unquestionable, but immediately dismissible
- Whom can you trust?
- “Of the Unworthiness of the Ministers, which hinders not the effect of the Sacrament”
- The Good News for those burned by the church.
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit overcome the shortcomings and problems with testimonies